Search This Blog

Friday, July 26, 2024

Carl Allen's Podcast with Donald Cammel (2024)


Carl Allen’s Podcast Featuring Donald Cammel
Type Of Activity
Podcast
Location
Location
Walkers Cay Bahama Islands
Date of Activity
Oct 2023
Coordinates
 27°15′27.8″N 78°23′40.7″W

I wish to thank John Cross for keeping his blog current and creating an archive of what I refer to as the “Old WHCA”. Many of us that were assigned in that era were homesteaders and had a very rewarding career. I know that my 2nd career with Digital Microwave Corp and later Spectalink were a result of my interface with them while in WHCA. Now 50 years later, another special recognition and invitation by Carl Allen to visit Walkers Cay after almost 50 years is indeed a gift that keeps on giving. All my success in WHCA was a team effort and I have lifetime friendships that go back to 1967. .

I have become almost a folk hero in my small hometown in Kansas, and never intended to be in the spotlight. Unfortunately, the label for a podcast created in October 2023 during my return visit to Walkers Cay shows me as a USSS agent, and YouTube is very unforgiving once something is posted’ .

Think of the challenges with salt air corrosion, and hot weather. We didn’t have a Radio Shack, Home Depot or Lowes down the street. Lots of creative repairs until we could get parts sent to the island. .

Thank-you, Enjoy the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment